Jonathan loves sharing his passions for statistics, numbers, words, puzzles, and ideas, and is in high demand as a public speaker. In all his presentations he combines education and entertainment, teaching and theatre.
For the past four years, he has appeared as The Word Guy (formerly the Puzzling Professor) on CBC Radio 1’s weekend morning program North by Northwest (see Resources and CBC’s Word Guy), talking about the wonders of the English language.
He has been an invited speaker at:
- Limmud Vancouver 2018 (festival of Jewish learning) – Topic: Finding Consensus about the Census: Our People Count
- Rotary Club of Vancouver – Topic: Words and Numbers (see video on YouTube)
- Tapestry at Wesbrook Village – Topics: (1) Words and Numbers (2) The Whirled of Words
- Bench Accounting – Topics: (1) A Stats Holiday: Big Data and Small Data; Using Data Correctly (2) Pictures and Probability
- B.C. High School Math Contest – Numerical Logology: Wordplay as easy as 1ne, 2wo, 3hree (aka Mathematics in Wordplay)
- Science World at Telus World of Science Main Stage – Math Magic and Wizardry
- Pearson Canada Statistics Summit – Engaging Teachers = Engaged Students
Jonathan has been the keynote speaker for various UBC student groups, including:
- UBC Master of Management program – multiple grad celebrations
- UBC MBA hockey tournament
- UBC Commerce Last Lecture – champagne toast
Jonathan has appeared many times at various schools (Vancouver Talmud Torah, Vancouver Hebrew Academy, Richmond Jewish Day School, Crofton House, Fraser Academy, Magee High School) to speak about fun with math, fun with words, and fun with puzzles, at all grade levels from kindergarten to high school.
Jonathan has also given many enthusiastically received presentations for many organizations in the local and national Jewish community.
Each presentation he does is one-of-a-kind, custom-made for the audience and the occasion. Invite him to your next meeting, workshop, or celebration. You’ll be in for a treat.